1in/1out

MattyRom

i am in school and i need some help. i need to write a program that only uses 1 input and 1 output. when the input is pressed, the output turns on. when the input is pressed again, the output turns off. the input being a momentary contact pushbutton. i can only use XIO's, XIC's, and binarys.

Mattyrom,

Steve's answer is spot on, do a search for 'flip flop' and you will get plenty of ways on how to do what you ask.

This is really a basic question, no disrespect there, as you have stated that you are at school, but have you really thought about how you go about solving the problem for yourself?

Read all the posts that your search turns up and then, hopefully, you will understand how the answer to your question works and in the future you will be able to come up with your own solution to these problems.

This is a great place to learn about PLC's, but not a place to get your homework done for you.

HNC students you have been warned!!

Paul

thanx for your help and words of wisdom. i just want it to be known that it wasnt a homework assignment. just an intregueing problem

Back
Top Bottom