modbus polling software

I'm pretty sure Modscan32 does support daniel / enron. It's in "Connection Details", click on "Protocol Selections" before you go online. If you don't have the option, I'd check your version, you may need an upgrade.

modscan doesnt support enron/daniels. thanks for the offer though.

I could be off track here, but is Modbus not Modbus?

I am aware that there are devices out there that say they have Modbus, but don not have all the functions available, and this is normally in the documentation.

Modscan32 definitely has provision for Daniels:

connection > connect > protocol selections > Daniels/Enron/Omni

2nl6zao.jpg

There are many reasons why modbus might not be modbus. First, you don't have to implement all the functions (read coil, read register, write register, etc.) in order to claim modbus capability, this happen with both masters and slaves. Second, there is no separate address space for real numbers, so they get mixed in with the 16 bit integer registers with varying word order. There are others, too, but this is not a rant about strengths and weaknesses of modbus, the point is that using Modscan32 is a really good idea because it is the de-facto standard Modbus Master, when you tell someone you have results with that tool, it's something they can reproduce.