Versaview Selection

The Plc Kid

I have to buy a versaview 17 industrial pc for a new project and i am trying to decide between the model with the standard hard drive and the solid state hard drive

The standard HD model is 40GB and the solid state Hd model is 8GB.

Does anyone have experience with these solid state hard drive models? Pro's and Con's

Price is not a factor expandability and reliability is.

We will me running the rs view applicaton some me and some se as well as drive executive and rslogix and a hydraulic controller software.

It will run vnc software and apc software for the apc brand UPS

Are you doing any large amounts of data logging? SQL, Access?? If so you'll need the 40gig.

Make sure you get the newest series of 6181 computers, I believe series E is the new re-design, anything prior to series E are POS! They will fail just as the warranty expires.