Control Net segment type in IOI invalid

fahadash

I am fairly new to RSLinx. I am getting the following error message every 10 seconds in "Communication events" dialog.
Control Net segment type in IOI invalid.
PLC's IP address and the item inside the PLC is mentioned.

My question is, for what reason this message comes up ?

Thanks,
Fahad

Hrm... That is coming up in RSLinx? ControlNet Segment Invalids are usually caused by a generic module with an invalid setup for INPUT | OUTPUT | CONFIGURATION, although it can also be caused by improperly adding HMI's to a network on the Logix Platform PLCs.

I'm sure there are other reasons, but I can't think of any.

Similar Topics

Good day Forum Members I got a older Lincoln welder and hoping to make it work at our shop. Welder in question is the Lincoln Power Wave 455M...
Replies
Views
An outside contracting firm designed a machine for our company. There are several devices connected through Ethernet/IP. This includes a Panel...
Replies
Views
I am getting random comm loss (error code 561 i think?) anyway i looked it up and its loss of comm to 2 modules on a controlnet network. The 2...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone! I'm searching for an example demonstrating how to program in Studio 5000 speed control of a PowerFlex 525 drive via Ethernet. While...
Replies
Views
Hello, So I was asked to turn up the speed on a VFD to allow a carriage to move a little bit faster and avoid getting stuck. Im not sure the exact...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom