stepper control

lwhitmer

Anyone familiar with modern IDEC PLC in stepper control? Can you get proper accel/decel etc.? What do the ladder elements look like for positioning? I've done a lot of work with servos but not steppers. My understanding is that if you do not control pulse accel/decel you get position errors. We are going to attempt a PLC-stepper application for the first time. Machine is a chop saw with 3 steppers. Two control positioning axes directly and one controls saw up/dn movement indirectly via a cylinder with pot feedback. So it will require some creative loop design in the ladder. :unsure:

TIA

Similar Topics

I'm controlling an Applied Motion HW23-601D using a Leadshine EM542S connected to a 2080-LC50-48QBB, using CCW, and experiencing some weird...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking for some help on a little project that I have inherited (Landed in my lap) 🔨 We have a 5-position index table that...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, It's been a while I haven't dive into PLC programming (more than 5 years) and I wasn't doing it alot as programmer. I am now...
Replies
Views
Hello, I’m looking to control a bipolar stepper motor using a stepper motor drive and a compact Logix PLC. Can anyone point me to how to program...
Replies
Views
The company I work for recently bought stepper motors and the appropriate parts / expansion card to control them. I, however, have never used...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom