Crimson 3.0?

Elcan

Lifetime Supporting Member
One distributor told me that 3.0 may be released soon, probably in October.
Is anybody aware of this?
Has anybody heard about the new features?

Somehow I was expecting no news from here.
It did not add up to me that Redlion were about to launch Crimson 3.0 out of the blue.
2.0 was released at the beginning of this decade, so such a big step should be marketed accordingly.

I think that such a good piece of information should be announced very loud.
Personally, I find Crimson 2.0 old-fashioned and it's one of the reasons I don't buy their HMIs.
If I were the president of Red Lion, I would be bragging about that!🍻

Personally, I find Crimson 2.0 old-fashioned
Agreed, although I've used it so much that it doesn't bother me anymore. I'm also one of the "sworn to secrecy" Crimson 3.0 beta testers, and I can assure you that the interface is vastly improved!

I am just grappling with Crimson 2 at the momenet for the first time.
I hope V3 is available before next week when I have to go and program and commission a job.
I am not real impressed with Omron CX-Designer but it is a lot easier to use than Crimson V2.

I did my first red lion project yesterday and I must say I really prefer rsview studio. will the new crimson software feature new button types and stuff? or will it be the same stuff just a different interface?

Actually, you can import an L5K file into C2. In fact, we just added AOI support this week based on a customer request.

Is that what you're after?

Jesse
I am not that ambitious, I'm just after a simple old RSLogix 500 tag import...

Diat150: that is a very good point. We can have a newer user interface but the old style graphic objects can be still there. The buttons, the dial gauges, etc., are so 80's!

In addition to that, no matter how improved Crimson can be, but we would be still using a 256 color touch screen...

> In addition to that, no matter how improved Crimson can
> be, but we would be still using a 256 color touch screen...

You fishing or something? :)

I am not that ambitious, I'm just after a simple old RSLogix 500 tag import...

Elcan,

Do you mean RSLogix 5000 tags? If so, it's just a few clicks to get all of your tags names into C2. I don't want to sell you too hard here. I can shoot you a short app note if you're interested.

Thanks
Jesse