siemens op7 problem

kamau

Hi guys
We are using simatic s7 300 in our filling plant.one of the fillers operaters panel siemen op7 have developed a problem of not communicating with the plc making it difficult to change or view operation parameters.It keep on initialising every now and then,if i try to input a new parameter value then press enter button,it returns to zero value.All set points and actual values are indicated as zeros on this panel.Ethernet comm. network is used in this set up.I have checked the cables and they look ok,After i checked the cables i connected it back and the panel communicated with the plc for about twenty minutes and started behaving as before.
Have anyone of you encountered such a mulfunction and what could be wrong?Thank you all in advance.

Similar problem happend to me twice with 2 deferent op. In both situations the op did lose communication for an amount of time and then got "on-line" again by it-self. If the op is older than 5 years then it should probaply be replaced...

Hi Mr. KAmau,
Your S7 300 PLC is working well? I mean your another system is working well? If well, then I think you open the Ethernet connection & power off the Op as well as PLC 5 to 10 mins. & reconnect the connection & again ON the power of PLC & see the result.
If not solve the problem then i think you have to replace the OP7 with new one. for replace the OP7 you need the backup & also the Protool software.

If you have no backup then need the help of Siemens.

Hi

Hi Mr. KAmau,
Your S7 300 PLC is working well? I mean your another system is working well? If well, then I think you open the Ethernet connection & power off the Op as well as PLC 5 to 10 mins. & reconnect the connection & again ON the power of PLC & see the result.
If not solve the problem then i think you have to replace the OP7 with new one. for replace the OP7 you need the backup & also the Protool software.

If you have no backup then need the help of Siemens.

Ok Bijoy,my plc is working ok,the filler is able to respond to cycles from the steriliser and the other fillers.The big problem is that we cannot use this filler without recording some parameters for our quality department.I have done as you adviced and have noted that the the op7 responds ok but for a short time and it revert back to the state of not being able to communicate with the plc.For now we dont have a spare op7 in our store but i intend to use op77A,i hope i will succeed coz my boss want the filler running ok ASAP.

OP7 is no more available with siemens. Do you have the backup of op7? Then you can try to manage spare op7. If you don't have the backup, you can try to upread the bachup from the existing op with PROSAVE. In that case you also need to manage a spare OP7.

Thanks very much Shyamal,i acquired a spare op7 panel from a local siemens vendor and uploaded the pgm from the old panel which i downloaded into the new panel,the machine worked just fine. thanks all.