What Brand of USB to Serial Adapter to Get

jkerekes

I just got a new laptop without a serial port. I would like to get reccomendations on a brand/model that works with AB seial ports and cables for ControlLogix, CompactlLogix, SLC etc. Thanks!

Thanks everyone! Do both of these allow auto configuration in RSLogix 5, 500 & 5000?

I like the Keyspan because of the software that comes with it... not sure if the other has it, but I have used the port monitor several times it also has some other nice features.

Thanks again Mickey..

Mark (AKA GiT)

I like the Keyspan because of the software that comes with it... not sure if the other has it, but I have used the port monitor several times it also has some other nice features.

Thanks again Mickey..

Mark (AKA GiT)

Mark,
Give up on becoming a "Genius". Or are you there yet.

I reach my goal... :)

The real answer is...
I am not sure if you/everyone knew that I had my website, a real job and programming/automation on the side.... well about two weeks ago my real job and I parted ways (over 15 yrs)

So now it time for me to try and make this PLC Trainer a real income and I am trying to get more automation work.

So far its been just over a week and I still have food in the refrigerator so I guess it's going OK :)

But anyways... I am trying to get my name out there so I figured dropping the genius and just sticking with the trainer may be better for now.

But I will keep the AKA :D

Mark
AKA GiT