Using PLC 5/04 with two 1747SN RIO Adapters, Trying to see values on PanelView

shabelev

Hi currently my work parther an I are working into trying to visualize a set of values on a PanelView 550 that is connected tru a RIO connection to a SLC 5/04... There was already an application on the panel, and the values and tags that were on use still works, however, the new screens that we have made are unable to read the new tags, and shows only *****. We have already changed the field size, float or no float, block transfer is already check, etc. We have run out of ideas, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Hi currently my work parther an I are working into trying to visualize a set of values on a PanelView 550 that is connected tru a RIO connection to a SLC 5/04... There was already an application on the panel, and the values and tags that were on use still works, however, the new screens that we have made are unable to read the new tags, and shows only *****. We have already changed the field size, float or no float, block transfer is already check, etc. We have run out of ideas, any help would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Can you post the PLC and PV source? Its faster than asking a million questions.

Dont know if we're able to do that... The plc source is from a Pasta machine and it has about 182 rungs... Its a mess.

Regardless of it being a mess, if you post the logix file and the pv32 (or 1400e) file, someone here will point out the error in less tha 24 hours..

Here is the .PVA ... The tags that we're trying to see are the N100:18,:19,:20,:21. They are located on the "temperaturas" screen. The rest of the application was already done by another contractor. :( they are transfered via RIO.

I find nothing wrong with the PB32 app.

Did you program the newly added block transfer(s) in the SLC?

EDIT: Are seeing the block transfer done bits cycling? Any block transfer errors?

Can you zip and post the .rss file?

Last edited:
Yes, there is an error 661 "Time out - No Block Transfer Writes" when we download the program to the Panelview, this is solved by restarting the PLC, however, this condition is abnormal but we still can't seem to solve it. This error was already present on the original PVA.

About the Block the transfer block, we haven't edited the PLC program, however, there are not any transfer blocks present in the searches we have done, and this is really weird, since we can see the old values in the Panelview but no the new. By transfer block you refer to "BTW" block??? ... The old tags only seems to use COP and MOV blocks, and some comparisons but no BTW.

Thanks

The older firmware SLCs required a different method to create a virutal block transfer. it involves COPying values to and from the M0/M1 files.

Most likely, that is what the existing logic has.

I don't have time right now to go into great detail, but if you search here and on ab.com you can find examples.

Until you add the logic to perform the BTW(s), you will see that error on the panelview. It might clear up briefly following a power cycle, but it will return. (40 seconds was the timeout setting in the PV app).

Paul

For the values that work, the copy block has for source N97:0, and for destination, M0:1.2310 ... And is configured on the panel as Write. On the other end, the source n1:1.2010 and the destination is N97:70, this is a Read Block.

For the the values that doesn't work, there is set a COP block, with source M1.2.510, and destination N100:16 with a lenght of 4. This is configured in the PVA as a Write Block, but to out understanding it should be a read block. however, when this option is set to read, it produces a validation error regarding an invalid direction (error 9075).

You definately nee a "Write" block to get data from your SLC to your PanelView. As in....

For the values that work, the copy block has for source N97:0, and for destination, M0:1.2310 ... And is configured on the panel as Write.

Your new values are configured as Inputs to the SLC. You have your Source and Destinations crossed.

For the the values that doesn't work, there is set a COP block, with source M1.2.510, and destination N100:16

Your Source should be N100:16
Your Destination should be somewhere in your M0 file.

What do you mean by "destinations crossed"???? why should we use M0, instead of M1??? The PLC was connected to an HMI and it worked without issues, but since the HMI was running DOS and it got corrupted they needed to view these values on the PanelView.

These are read values, thats why we copy form an M file to a N file. Perhaps we are confused?

Read or Write is always seen from the perspective of the PLC.

In the case of the SLCs pseudo- Block Transfer via the M0 and M1 files, M0 is Output (from the PLCs persective), and M1 is Input.

To get data FROM your SLC Integer Files to the PanelView, the Source must be the Integer File data ....

The tags that we're trying to see are the N100:18,:19,:20,:21

and they must be COPied to the M0 (0 for Output) file.

Alright, so we are going to start the necessary tests in order to program the virtual block transfer in the PLC, any advices about this? Because it seems a little hard to understand how this block transfers work, and since the PLC program wasn't done by us, it's more complicated, we hope to have it sort it out before the next weekend. Thanks for all your help.

Read or Write is always seen from the perspective of the PLC.

In the case of the SLCs pseudo- Block Transfer via the M0 and M1 files, M0 is Output (from the PLCs persective), and M1 is Input.

To get data FROM your SLC Integer Files to the PanelView, the Source must be the Integer File data ....

and they must be COPied to the M0 (0 for Output) file.

Is it possible to modify the default lenght of the M0 file from 3300 to 3310 ? We want to do this, since we don't know what other files of the M0 are in use in the program.