Just a short question..maybe a long answer

David_Emmerich

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am in the process of hand entering all 500 + tags from a 90-30 project into a C-More project...DON"T ASK...(I could rant all day)...

My question is this:

The GE csv shows a %R00031..Dwell at Step Timer...I have a spot in the pull down menu of the "ADD A TAG" section in the C_more to select a %R...Thats ok....BUT...In the csv there is also auto.R00031..Dwell at Step Preset...and I can NOT find a matching command in the C-More list...There is however, a "%AI" listing...I would have thought that that was an Anilog Input command, so should I use it ???
:geek:
ANY help would speed me home to:beer:

Thanking you all in advance...many times...🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻🍻

David

For timers and counters in GE, 3 consecutive registers are used. Word 1 is the current value, word 2 is the preset value and word 3 is the control word.
So, if the address of the timer is %R00031, the address for auto.R00031 is %R00032.

I am guessing that your program was originally either LM90 or VersaPro and when someone else imported to Machine Edition, the auto.R00031 tag was auto-created.

I think dyoast has it correct.

The %AI address is for analog inputs as you guessed. There is also %AQ for analog outputs. %R is general purpose 16-bit data registers similar to N7 addresses in Allen Bradley. For 32-bit integers or floating point values, GE Fanuc automatically uses two consecutive %R addresses. So a 32-bit integer addressed as %R00100 will actually use %R00100 and %R00101.

I just exported a C-More ag database and a GE Fanuc variabel database to csv files. It looks like column A form the GE export corresponds to column C in the C-More. I don't know if C-More will like the lower case text if you try to copy the cell contents from GE to C-More and try to import the csv back into C-More.
It looks like the address is column P in the GE export and column G in C-More. The GE export appears to keep leading zeros in the address while C-More strips them.

Thank you:geek:...That was the bit of missing info that I needed...Now I just have to finish this little tag base exercise so I can go get a:beerchug:.

David

BTW: I'll keep you posted on this one....

Thanks Steve...I did a mash up in Excel of the GE CSV file so it was in the same layout as the C-More and it still didn't like it, hence the manual tag creation...I just have to get this program written in the next 2 or 3 days before I get sent back out on the road to Who Knows Where...You know that place...so I'll just keep typing away tonight and when I get more time do some more in depth playing with it...Oh , and we are not really sure that this is the RIGHT program either..."But it should be the right one David, the serial numbers are really close..." don't you love it....🍻🍻🍻:geek:

David

Oh , and we are not really sure that this is the RIGHT program either..."But it should be the right one David, the serial numbers are really close..."🍻🍻🍻:geek:

David
I have to agree with your boss.
Besides neither him or myself will be out there with you to help or stay overnight if it is NOT the same program.
Yes, I do love it.
Nothing changes (new boss maybe but other thasn that.....you're on your own)!!
And don't forget...if something does go wrong, you're the one to blame!

David,

Did you try editing the C-More csv file with Notepad rather than Excel? I'm not sure that Excel doesn't insert some characters into the csv file that C-More software doesn't like. That may be why C-More software gives you the option of exporting/importing both csv and xls files.

I just tried a quick experiment.

First, using Notepad I opened a csv file created by C-More.
Next I opened the same file using Excel and then saved it as a csv file.

WHen i used Notepad to open the csv file created by Excel, I found that Excel had stripped all quotation marks from the fileds. The quotation marks were present in the file created by C-More.

David,

If you do not want to use the Notepad route another trick is to save it as the MS DOS CSV version. If you look at your pull down list when you save it will be toward the bottom. This one will leave the quotes so C-more can tell the difference between text and numbers.

The version of the GE software that I have does not allow anything except saving as a plain old CSV... I will get thru this!!!:mad:💀💀:mad:
David

BTW: We had 3 lightning hits to our house yesterday morning...ALL the electronics are fried, plus a bunch of the wiring...It gives a whole new meaning to the term LABOR DAY!!!

One hit the stacked Deep fringe antennas on the roof that have a lightning rod on top of them, one hit the power pole with the transformer on it and splattered it around the yard, and the third hit the feed from the house to the barn, all within about 10 minutes...it was VERY exciting....

David

Last edited: