Lenze L-Force Motion Controller and SLC500 Communication via Ethernet

eandr

Hi,

Has anyone got any suggestions or ideally a working example of how to exchange data between a Lenze L-Force Motion controller (CoDeSys based IPC running WinCE) and an Allen Bradly SLC5/03 PLC over Ethernet?

I have talked to AB/Rockwell, Lenze, 3S and Beckhoff and all have drawn a blank. I know of two really awkwardly messy ways of doing it. One would require an embedded PC running WinXPe and I can use an OPC driver and a VB program to talk to both systems, the second way involves communicating via CAN and Devicenet, but is limited on the infomation I can send.

I have previously communicated directly from a Beckhoff Twincat IPC (also running CoDeSys) and a Siemens S7-300 which worked really well, but struggling with the Rockwell option.

Any suggestions?