1794 Flex I/O separate power supply

russrmartin

Hi all. I have a very small project, with a very tight budget in which I'll be adding some AB flex I/O. Per the 1794 manuals, analog/RTD modules should be fed with a separate power supply than the digital modules. Normally, I would design this way, but in an effort to budget the solution, has anyone skimped and used a single power supply for both module types without experiencing noise issues? The temperatures I'm reading are not super critical, which is why I'm considering this as a cost cutting measure. All feedback is appreciated.

Russ

A separate power supply for the analogs is the best option , but if you must use the same power supply for analogs, and digital make sure you fit snubbing diodes to the output loads, to remove most of the noise that will occur when the loads are switching..