Wireless Ethernet for PLC coms

rpoet

All,
I'm looking for suggestions for wireless Ethernet solutions for linking two AutomationDirect PLCs (probably DL-06's) and a C-More touchscreen.

Here's the setup:
One PLC and the C-more will be hardwired through a switch, and a wireless link will tie them to the other PLC. It will be line-of-sight and no more than 100ft.

I'm debating the choice of using either a wireless Ethernet radio solution from AD or using a pair of WiFi-N bridges as the wireless link. I'm leaning towards the -N brige solution due to its MUCH higher throughput and lower cost. I will of course encrypt the link so that the average passer-by can't connect.

Due to the myriad of choices when it comes to WiFi-N bridge units offered by everyone, can anyone recommend a specific model and/or warn me off bad models? I'm looking for a unit with the ability to connect an external antenna. Stability is of course a major plus. Temps are mild, so industrial temp ratings aren't really necessary. I know some units add in a 4-port switch, and that would be helpful, as it would save me some space in the panels.

Thanks in advance for any recommendations.

-rpoet

I've had good experiences with the MOXA devices, take a look at something like:
http://www.moxa.com/product/AWK-5222_Series.htm

Also, don't worry about throughput. Even 10Mbps is more then sufficient for almost any point to point PLC / HMI connection.

Currently, I'd stick with the current standards, (A/B/G Modes), and stay away from N, as N is not a complete specification yet, and the flavors vary from vendor to vendor all the time.

The MOXA I linked also runs off of anything from 12 to 48 VDC, and supports dual power supplies (typical in Industrial Ethernet devices now).

Either way sounds good.
Just be sure to check for any other wireless devices in the plant. Use a different frequency, method to not interfere.

I don't if Phoenix is available in the US but I have used Factory Line Wireless Bluetooth-access point from this company. Works surprisingly well end very easy. Interfering frequencys are automatically skipped.
In certain conditions it can even connect around a corner.