RSLinx & panelview 300

Your Panel View supports DH485 protocol. You will need to use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. You will need a real serial port to use this driver.
Not sure what a pass-thru cable is, if you mean a straight thru then that's the one you need.
If you don't have a real serial port then your best bet is a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter). Or a memory card for your PV's program download.

If the PV300 is intended to be connected to a SLC, then you can use passthrough to download it if you can successfully connect to the SLC. Since we have upgraded to Windows XP SP3, the PIC driver no longer works, so we download our PV300s using passthrough.

As long as the connection to the SLC connected to the PV300 is direct (not through a Controllogix gateway), then you should be able to see the PV in RSLinx. Just set the DH485 node number with the PV keypad first.

Well, then I guess passthrough is out unless you have a SLC you can hook it up to temporarily.

Do you have a PIC and a real serial port? If so, then there is a workaround for the SP3 problem if your PC is windows XP SP3.

I don't think your PV has a memory card slot.

So, the PIC or the UIC are going to be your only direct download methods.

EDIT: Looks like the PV300 does have a memory card slot. It's the 300 micro that doesn't.

Last edited:
OPiePC

Would you mind to clarify. Do I put the card in my notebook? Please explain--never done it before.. Just got off the phone with AB support....wow
They tell me I need to purchase the 1747UIC and the cable 1747CP3.Don't really want to go that route unless I need to.
Thanks..Terry

Plug the card into your computer, it will be recognized as a drive i.g. E,G,H or whatever your laptop gives it. Then just drag and drop the file as okiepc said.

The cable 1747-CP3 is a null-modem cable it will not work with your PV.

Yes, as Mickey said. You may need an adapter to put a compactflash card into a PCMCIA slot if your PC does not have a slot that directly holds the compactflash card.

It's been one of those weeks. Got to the point where I'm able to see the flash card as e/drive. Unable to delete old files off and can't copy to the card. I do have the W/P switch turned off. Can't decide to throw the pc or throw the PV300.

For DH485 and a real serial port the driver to use is 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver.
Good luck and let us know if it works.

Took my docking station to the machine installed the PIC driver,set up for com port #3. Worked like a charm. Never could get the ard to work. Got the drivers installed--saw it--just couldn't write to it...
I appreciate all of the help. Mickey and OpiePC