PV+ 600 ME Corrupted

Electrified

I have a 2711P-RN3 Panel View Plus 600 that boots up with "Machine Edition May Be Corrupted". Does anyone know a work around to this fault?

The tech note says to reload the firmware via compact flash card.

I don't think 2711P-RN3 is the part number, that sounds like a communications module. The part number is usually on a green sticker. For example, the one we use is 2711P-T6C20DX

Greetings to all,

I am working with a similar problem. The client I'm working with does not have a backup of a system that just came down. The PV+ 600 terminal is only displaying about 20% of the screen. Colors are completely messed up - temperatures in that room are usually way above 100degF, and is ALMOST in direct sunlight. I came across the same issue as the original poster did, and I just wanted to ask two quick questions. (I do have TechConnect, but for some reason they made some changes to our account and now the contract is not being loaded correctly. We're working on it.) Meanwhile...

1) Does the firmware update delete the applications? (I need to upload it given prior to replacing the terminal)

2) How do I identify which firmware version is loaded to the terminal? (Of course, the screen is not functional, and the ME Station Firmware appears to be corrupted.)

On the other hand, I tried communicating via serial port, and RSLinx does configure the DF1 Serial driver but the Factory Talk View ME communication does not. Has somebody else stumbled upon this same stone?

Please advise,

GFX

You can try browsing the terminal with a DF1 Full Duplex driver on the serial port, or using RSLinx Classic to browse the Ethernet port. Right-clicking in RSWho and selecting "Device Properties" might tell you the firmware revision of RSLinx Enterprise, from which you could deduce the revision of the FactoryTalk View ME runtime.

But the sticker on the back of the terminal may be the closest you can get to figuring out the firmware revision.

You're supposed to delete all the Runtime applications before performing a firmware upgrade, in order to allow the upgrade to complete. I always have, so I think that you have the possibility of a successful upgrade while retaining the Runtime. But I've always been doing upgrades of operational firmware; if ME Station is corrupted, odds are good that the upgrade process will delete your runtimes.

If this were my system, I would try to copy the *.MER files out of the terminal using a CF card and the "autorun.bat" method described in Knowledgebase Article #516494.

I realize your TechConnect is cattywampus so if you send me a PM I can help out.

If this were my system I would use the opportunity to sell some technician's time to the customer to go around and get backups of their control and interface programs ! You'd be amazed how many customers will go right back to zero maintenance as soon as you solve their emergency of the day.