AB6200 PLC2 Software

mark.hines

Hi everyone...
Does anyone have a copy of the old AB6200 PLC2 software that I could get a copy of.???
We have some old PLC2's that we are replacing but I would like to get the discriptors and comments off of the old program files.
Thanks

Some questions for you to answer

Do you have a copy of the PLC 2 program on disc. ?
If yes, then someone here would probably be able to print it out for you.

Do you only need the descriptors off the file disc. ?
Then look for the file name you have, and you will see several other files associated with it cant remember which one.
If you open these in Notepad, or possibly Wordpad, one at a time, one of them will let you see the descriptors, then you will be able to read copy and paste the descriptors into your update.

And welcome to the forum.

Some questions for you to answer

Do you have a copy of the PLC 2 program on disc. ?
If yes, then someone here would probably be able to print it out for you.

Do you only need the descriptors off the file disc. ?
Then look for the file name you have, and you will see several other files associated with it cant remember which one.
If you open these in Notepad, or possibly Wordpad, one at a time, one of them will let you see the descriptors, then you will be able to read copy and paste the descriptors into your update.

And welcome to the forum.
I only have the .ach file.

Has anyone bought and tried this..??
Does it work OK with WinXP..??
Was you satisfied with it..??
Just curious before I check into this.
Thanks

I have not personally used it. I have a friend who uses it and says it works well. He has told me it will not open older files however. I have several older files I need to open and look at but so far, no luck.

If you only have the .ach file then you probably wont see any descriptors as they reside on the computer only and not on the PLC.
You may need to hunt your site for an old computer or old discs and if real old even a cassette tape.

Last edited: