Proficy ME UDFB

mondi

Good Day. I have been pulling my hair out for 2 days trying to figure out PME's use of UDFB. I am proficent in AB and Modicon and created many a UDFB. Can someone explain to me how the UDFB is used in PME. For instance, I create a function block with parameters such as a discrete alarm that has an enable bit, alarm delay, reset, etc. I then "bring" that function block into a ladder, or whichever. The first thing the PME wants is an instance. So we'll call it Alm1. Then I have a UDFB called Alm1 and several blank inputs and outputs but a structured data type called Alm1. How does this compare with AB or Modicon. In either of those, you just have a "blank" FB to use and you tie either single elements to the in's/out's or a "structure". I have ready as much as I could find on this. Maybe I'm just too old fashioned and can grasp the concept of Object Oriented Programming.

PLEASE HELP

Thanks,
MA