ctx file

jaichains

dear all,

can anyone tell me what does .ctx file mean for GE Fanuc Cimplicity HMI and what is it used for. I know that the HMI graphics are in .cim format. Many thanks.

the .ctx file is also for graphics. If you open the .ctx in Cimplicity HMI, you will see graphics.

The .ctx is also able to be opened in Notepad or Wordpad for editing in text. This is handy when duplicating a screen for similar machines but with differing points for each machine. You can open the .ctx in Wordpad and search and replace as needed. When done, open in Cimplicity HMI and save as a .cim.

Thanks.

Has anyone converted .ctx files to HTML (web based graphics).

If not is there a way to convert a .ctx file to an intermediate format which can be imported into HMTL.

Many thanks.

I am not at my work computer, so I can't give you exact information at the moment.

I can tell you that Cimplicity HMI has a built-in option to create web pages automatically. Look in your help file for "WebView".

WebView lets you set up your HMI server as a web server for your Cimplicity screens. There are some elements that are not suited for display in a browser, such as scripts.

Depending on what version you have, you may have to purchase additional licensing. You can also purchase additional licensing to allow more people to be able to view at once.

You can also find more information on the GE support website (support.gefanuc.com). There is a link to the GE forums at the top of the page as well.