Using RSView to organize and print Alarm Logs

Madahbee

I am trying to get RSView to display and print selected alarms. What I would like to be able to do is select a start date and end date for a search on previous alarms.

The Alarm Summary can organize alarms but once they are acknowledged and no longer in alarm they disappear.

I can view all of the previous alarms with the Alarm Log Viewer, they are all in a single file so it will only display all of the previous alarms.

I can change this to create new files weekly or daily then I could look at each of those files.

I just think that there should be another way to do this that would give the option to see between specific dates or times.

If anyone has any suggestions on what I could do that would be very helpful, still much learning to go.

Thanks Alot.

The best way I've found in RS/FTView SE or Station, is to log everything to a SQL Database (which can even be the free MS SQL Server Express), and then use VBA to trigger a report. I do my reports in Crystal, and can either embed them into view for display only, print them, or both.

The built in alarm log Viewer/Manager in RS/FTView is pretty pathetic by itself.

FT Alarms & Events based alarms are better, and have native historical display capabilities, but are still buggy (on the client side), and instead of being overly simplistic are overly complicated.

Somewhere in the middle, Rockwell might get it right.

Thanks rdrast,

I was thinking that I might have to use SQL and some other way to get the reports, as you had mentioned VBA.

I don't really have much experience with either of these so I was hoping there was another way somehow within RSView that I still haven't discovered yet. I will try it out and see what I can do with the VBA.