Panelview RS232 (DH485) Communication

vstewart

Hello,

I have a Panelview 550 Model #2711-B5A5. It is set up with a RS232(DH485) port. I Cannot get online with it. I am using a 2711-NC13 Cable. I'm not sure which driver I am supposed to use with RSLinx. Max nodes are set at 31. Node is set at 2. Baud rate is set at 19200.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver. You will need a real serial port to use this driver.Match the baud rate and make sure the node addresses are different.

Do you have a real serial port on your computer? If not then your options are to get a 1747-UIC ( USB to DH485 converter) or use a memory card to load/upload your program.

The cable you have is correct. (straight thru)

When I load the driver RSLinx does not allow me to start the driver. I can configure it but the start button is inopperative. The only buttons I can use are Configure and Delete.

Make sure RSLinx is not running as a service.
Try deleting all drivers, shut down RsLinx restart and try again with just the one driver. If that doesn't work you might try deleting the "harmony files" see below for a procedures

http://www.plctrainer.net/PICDriverAllenBradley.pdf

A shot in the dark but can't hurt to try. See below. Shut down RSLinx and delete the harmony files.

Uncheck autobrowse and delete the driver before doing the below. Then try to add again.

DELETE HARMONY Files;
(it may be necessary to Reboot the computer first)
- Find Files or Folders;
- Search; HARMONY*.*
(typically they will be found in C:\Program Files\Rockwell Software\RSCOMMON)
- DELETE both;
HARMONY.HRC
HARMONY.RSH
(RSLinx will recreate these files automatically)

That did it. I deleted all the drivers and shutdown rslinx. Shut down and restarted computer. Then it worked. I should have known better. When in doubt shutdown and restart.

Thanks for your help.

That did it. I deleted all the drivers and shutdown rslinx. Shut down and restarted computer. Then it worked. I should have known better. When in doubt shutdown and restart.

Thanks for your help.

Your welcome and thanks for getting back to us with the solution.