Telemecanique Profibus-DP Module Questions

jstolaruk

Lifetime Supporting Member
I'm not extremely familiar with the Telemecanique line of PLCs and prefer to get answers from these boards because of the level of expertise.

I'm integrating a new robot loaded CNC machine (OP53) between two other machines (OP50 & OP60) connected via a conveyor. I need to do some handshaking signals with OP50 & OP60 and because my cell controller can only talk Profibus with the CNC machine, I was hoping to extend the Profibus network to the exiting machines.

The cell controller will be a TSX Premium, probably a TSXP572623M processor and I'll have a TSXPBY100 module in the rack.

OP50 & OP60 each have a TSX P57 202M processor mounted in a TSX RKY 12EX rack with one available slot. I want to add the TSXPBY100 module to each to facilitate the handshaking.

So my questions are:

Will the existing cells using the current processors support the Profibus module? I assume so because I was able to add the module in the h/w configuration (PL7 Pro v4.5) but I hate to assume.

Can the TSXPBY100s work in a "slave" mode (verses scanner) or do I need a DP/DP coupler with each to connect to my cell_controller-to-robot network?

Thanks in advance.