panelview + 700 comms via df1

stu

hi guys i have a panelview + 700 which i have on a test bench i am trying to connect it to a micrologix 1200 to retrieve the tags(via df1)
linx classic is seeing the micro but when i set up rs enterprise with a new driver-serial df1 it does not pick it up i have selected the same com port and slc-micro-panelview?
if i go to the local tab and click on the serial it says at the bottom of the screen (select a differant path serial df1 can not be used?)
please help
all the best stu

Keep in mind that Linx and Enterprise can't own the serial port at the same time. If Linx can see the Processor it means that the COM port is being used by Rslinx. In the past I've had to Stop/Delete the DF1 driver in Linx, then restart, in order to use DF1 in Enterprise.

thanks for that i have just found that out.i am seeing the mlx now and when i go to the tags it has the mlx shortcut but there is no online folder and the off line folder does not have anything in it (i did insert a folder in the offline bar in rs enterprise) i have attached a bitmap to show you a message that has come up that i dont know what i need to do.
and thank you all for your time.stu

That looks fine. I don't know why you can't browse online tags, try posting a capture of you tag browser showing the empty online tag folder?

Hi,
I thought I heard somewhere that "On-Line Browsing" for tags was only supported by a PLC in the control logix family. Specifically not supported by micro or slc.

BD

Not true.

I understand, tho, that Micrologix 1100 online browsing didn't work with earlier versions of RSView (it looks like stu has FactoryTalk).

You may be referring to offline browsing, which works on *.ACD project files.

hi sinc green not to sure what you mean "You may be referring to offline browsing, which works on *.ACD project files. "

i have attached a bit map of the tag browser

I was talking to bikerdude, in response to his comment that perhaps online browsing only worked for CLx. Offline browsing only works with controllogix, which I don't believe you are trying to do.

Have you tried refreshing the shortcut folders? (Right clicking and refreshing all on the MLX in the tag browser window).

I have to confess that I've never browsed a Micro for tags, but it should work.