RSView ME Problem : Tags not appear in tag browser

tspisak

I was working on an existing project with a PV+ connected to a SLC5/05 (Ethernet) and I decided to try and import my new tags. Now when I look in the tag browser I have nothing.

I tried refreshing folders - no luck.

Next I tried deleted the RDMDATA sub-directory in the CACHE fold er of the application and deleted the .CAC file in the TAG sub-directory (this has worked in the past with CL5000 project) - still no luck. Any suggestions?

If you are wanting to see you online tags your shortcut path has connected both on the Design tab and the Runtime tab under communications.
I have found that sometimes afer I shutdown these connections get dis-connected?

I just realized that I don't think you can see symbols in the Tag Browser using an SLC. Think you have to open the Tag Editor, Make a folder then click the DB icon at the top. Then you can browse to and import symbols and addresses.

Last edited:
Just re-boot

After much frustration and some searching on Rockwell's knowledgebase I found that the popular re-boot was the solution that finally worked.