AB PLC-5 cable pinout

You cannot communicate directly with the 5/15 from a serial port. The 5/15 port is DH+, pin 1=L2(Blue), pin 5=L1(White), pin 7=Shield. You'd need a 1784KT board for a desktop computer and a 1784CP cable. You may be able to see it on a DH+ network, I've never done this so I won't say it's possible. But if you don't have the other stuff, it's worth a try.

Hi Maxine,

A I know the original/classic PLC5 (PLC 5/15) doesn't have serial port, so you need a 1784-PCMK (that placing on the PCMCIA slot)and 1784-PCM5 cable to connect between PLC and your notebook.

Regards,

Deer

Deer said:
Hi Maxine,

A I know the original/classic PLC5 (PLC 5/15) doesn't have serial port, so you need a 1784-PCMK (that placing on the PCMCIA slot)and 1784-PCM5 cable to connect between PLC and your notebook.

Regards,

Deer

PCM 5 cable comes with a 8-pin convertor to connect to the slc 5/04, in order to connect to 5/15, we need to take out the convertor and directly use the 9-pin given? Correct me if i'm wrong. Thanks

Ckchew666,

You'right, you must take out the converter (something like DIN connector)from DB-9 1784-PCM5 and connect this DB-9 to the processor port, this converter actually can be use for the Enhanced PLC5 type.