Allen Bradley AIC+ communications

fredjohns

I want to use a AIC+ module to connect my PC to a micrologic that is 100 feet away. I started out just trying the AIC as a point to point isolator to see if I could get it to communication to the micrologix. I connected a 1761-CBL-AC00 cable from my pc to the AIC and a 1761-CBL0HM02 cable from the AIC to the micrologix and it worked fine.

Next I was going to add another AIC. I connected my PC to the first AIC using the AC00 cable and then connected the network ports of the two AIC's together. I connected them as follows:
Pin 5 to Pin 5
Pin 4 to Pin 4
Pin 3 to Pin 3
Pin 2 to Pin 2
I also jumped Pins 5 and 6 on each network port

I then connected the micrologix to the 2nd AIC using the HMO2 cable. I applied 24 VDC to the power terminals on the bottom of each AIC

When I tried to connect using the PC, I could not get communications with the micrologix

Is anyone familar with wiring two AIC's together. Maybe I am not wiring them together correctly on the network ports. Any help you guys can give me will be greatly appreciated.

I just tried to configure the 1747-PIC driver but it gives me an error and wont let me start it. I am using a regular serial port to connect the pc to the AIC. I am using version 2.42 RSLinx

With your help, its now working...been a long time since i used the PIC driver but with the information you gave me, it went very smooth and is working good..Once agian you guys on here came to my rescue. thanks for everything
Fred