Redlion OPCWorx & SSD TS8010

mjoubert

Both panels are identical as far as hardware, ports etc.

I created a *.dsi file, added all the devices, and simply cut and pasted the tags, pages & programs from the *.cd2 file. The only error I found was that the log files imported the incorrect tags. (must be a index pointer problem)

Can the tags from the *.dsi file be read into Redlion OPCWorx ???

Redlion OPCWorx is a configuration tool for redlion OPC DA servers and not a hardware device.

The SSD TS range of screens are rebadged G3's from redlion.

Hi Dave,
Sorry about the confusion... i was comparing the G310 and the TS8010. My queston remains ... "Can the tags from the *.dsi file be read into Redlion OPCWorx ???" ... Cheers

I would guess yes :), but how to i dont know :(

You may have to wait for Dan, Mike or Jesse to give you a definite answer though...

Does anyone know if the TS8010 be programmed with Crimson V2?

Nope. The hardware is locked to use the OEM software.

On the original question of using DSI files with OPCWorx, I don't see why it couldn't be done, but I don't know much about that product, so I'll have someone look at it Monday for you.

"The only error I found was that the log files imported the incorrect tags" ... ignore this statement ....

The other problem I found was that the tags import without the triggers, events and colours as well as Button formats also pointing to the incorrect tags.

Pricing may be better for the TS8010 panel, but I think i'll stick with the G310 panels.