Citect

aussiesurf

hi guys, im just starting to use Citect V7 so im new to it all. I would like to record a temperature from a micrologix 1500 plc via ethernet and show it live on a trend. does anyone have a sample program to do this? thanks

I am going to ask some questions that I feel will help us help you.

Micro logix 1500 does not do Ethernet, unless you have a NetENI installed.
Do you already have that setup ?

The citect needs to have its comms setup for ethernet.
Do you already have it setup ?

Do you have tags setup in citect ?

I have never used citect so all I can recommend is reading the help files.

hi guys, im just starting to use Citect V7 so im new to it all. I would like to record a temperature from a micrologix 1500 plc via ethernet and show it live on a trend. does anyone have a sample program to do this? thanks

I will second the post above, your question is way to general to get any meaningful answers.

Citect can do all of what you want, as above, create the project in Citect, create your IO Device and tags and get it communicating to the PLC, then create a trend tag and point it at the temperature tag you require.

Once you have done all that come back and tell us what is and isnt working.

thanks guys, sorry for being so brief, i cant seem to establish comms between the Citect Pc and the micrologix 1500 through and ENI converter? Im pretty sure the driver is set correctly. Can anyone give me the full config to communicate to this plc? Ive also tried on an 1100 which has on board ethernet and still no go?

Are both devices and your PC all on the same ethernet sub net,
What addresses are you using.
What subnet mask are you using ?
Which driver are you using in RSLinx ?

Can you plng each device from your PC ?

Answer the above questions, plus give us the details you have so we can help