Redlion G3 comms to Micrologix 1000 via NET-ENI

JakBeux

I got a 1761 NET-ENI module successfuly hooked up to a micrologix 1000 PLC, I got also a RedLion G3 Kadet6 with ethernet port hooked up to the same 4 port 10BaseT Hub as the NET-ENI. I got further my PC connected to this hub and managed to get on line simutaneously to both the Redlion and the Micrologix via the NET-ENI. I can do program changes to both, no problem. I must have missed something since I just can't get the Redlion to read an integer value out of N7:0 and neither can I bring a status change about in let say B3:0 when pressing a button on the redlion HMI that is configured as a Variable tag B3:0 in PLC1 where PLC1 communications is set up as Ethernet with a TCP/IP address etc.
How can I get the PLC and Redlion to talk to each other i.e. exchange bit status values and integer values?

Can anybody please h E L PP ! This drives me nutters. LOL

You want to use the DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP driver to communicate to your PLC. Make sure to choose ENI/Micrologix as the device type.

Regards,
Dan

Redlion talks via NET-ENI to Micrologix

I'll drink some Scotch on you mate!

Many THANKS to you for that simple but vital answer,as all my tags are working now.

You want to use the DF1 Master via PCCC/EIP driver to communicate to your PLC. Make sure to choose ENI/Micrologix as the device type.

I have done this with no success. I currently have a kepware server communicating with my plc and succesfully mapping tags. I have heard that the Net-ENI can only communicate with one device at a time? Is this what's preventing me from seeing the tags in red lion?

The 1761-NET-ENI can establish two incoming TCP connections, two outgoing TCP connections, and two in either direction.

So it can allow connection from up to 4 external devices at the same time, maximum.

It's easy to exceed that limit accidentally; web browsers, RSLinx network browse sessions, and network monitoring software commonly take up TCP connections without the user's knowledge.

You can Telnet into the Net-ENI to monitor its connection status; look in the RA Knowledgebase for directions.

Or, you can experiment with it by disconnecting Kepware, rebooting the device, and testing the Red Lion HMI.