Vipa cpu

eebads2391

Hi ,

We had a power loss on our degreaser machine

It is PLC controlled

The plc will not run as it has lost it's memory , and we have been told by the manafacturer that the battery is on the cpu unit and the battery is not interchangeable

They say we need to buy a new cpu unit , which comes with a new battery on board

My question is this , Does anyone know that you can or cannot replace the battery

Obviously we will lose the program that was on the plc if we attempt to change the battery , but we have already lost it

What i need to know is , before we put the program back on the plc , is it possible to replace the battery in the original cpu

I dont mind stripping the cpu unit down to find out , but i was hoping someone has experience of this model and could save me some grief

Model is a Vipa CPU 314 ST

Speed 7

Vipa 3146CF01

Thanks in advance

Vipa

Thats great information , thanks

There is no card in the plc memory slot ,

Does anyone know if you can replace the on board battery ?

how do i make sure the program is saved to memory card , once we have the program loaded back on

We dont have the original program , it is having to be re installed remotely by the manafacturer ,

Are we able to force a save to memory card or can it only be done via external access to the plc ( either modem or laptop )

Any help gratefully received

Thanks in advance

Take a look at page 54 and 84 of that manual above.

Do you have the software for these plcs? They are the same as Siemens S7-300 and will work with Siemens Step 7 Simatic Manager software and MPI adaptor lead.

Better still; have the manufacturer mail you a programmed memory card.

Regards
s.f

why not?

If i have understood ur question properly, while the CPU is on,yes.ones u load the program to the cpu u can take out the battery and replace it with another one. but u can't do the same while the power is gone.

The "battery is an un marked can , Its either a battery or a capacitor , It is soldertagged and mounted on a small circuit board

I cant swap the battery , as i'm not sure if it is possible

The German manafacturers dialled in over modem and uploaded the Plc program to us , then initialised a memory card that we installed

They say they have then remotely written to the memory card with our settings and Plc program , so that in future , in the event of power loss , the Plc will reboot from memory card

Thanks for your replies Silva

In case you didn't already know; Vipa have a UK subsidiary in Bedford. Vipa Limited, Bedford i-lab, Stannard Way, Bedford MK44 3RZ. 0845 1162055

Nick