A-B 1769-L32E ethernet problem

jazd

I'm trying to connect to a 1769-L32E over an Ethernet connection. I cant however seem to browse the device properly over a serial connection using RSLinx.

72805601.jpg

As you can see the Ethernet module isnt showing up so I cant configure it. I can browse down past the "Local 1769 Bus Adaptor" intermittently (sometimes the red cross is there and I cant browse than a few seconds later it disappears again).

Is there something wrong with the device or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

Are you using a real serial port on your computer or a USB adaptor.
If so which brand? Is the end cap on the PLC and the lever all the way across.
Regards Alan

Yes using a real serial port, no USB adaptor. The end cap is on and the lever is all the way across.

Sorry about the late reply.

The red NS light may mean you have a duplicate address on the network.
Disconnect the ethernet cable and see if it goes away.

I have listed the reasons below the red MS light will be solid red

Held in reset
The controller is holding the port in reset or the
controller is faulted. Clear the controller fault. If the
fault will not clear, replace the controller.

Self-test
The controller is performing its power-up self-test.
Normal operation during power-up. No action required.

Major fault
An unrecoverable fault has occurred. Cycle power to
the controller. If the fault will not clear, replace the
controller.