Temperature Scale

MY-T-Y-T-1

Is it possible to set up temperature scaling instructions with a SLC500 PLC. I need this process to control a specific temperature level.
Does this require a special function program? If so what can I do?
Is it possible at all? What instructions are required?

You can use the SCP (Scale with perameters) comand. Your Input will be the adress of your analog in(sensor) Input min is depends on your input (0-10 4-20) For a 4 to 20 signal on a micrologix controller with a scaled for PID input configuration, the INPUT MIN is something like a 3120 and the INPUT MAX is something like 15600. then the scaled min and max will generaly mach the sensor.

Some of the other guys out there can problably explain it alot clearer than I can.

good luck

Anything is possible given enough time and money....

If I understand your question you could use the SCP instruction to scale you temp to whatever you need and then use a PID or SMC to control maintain the temp.