Panelview 1400e to controllogix via 1756-DHRIO

siv

Hi,
I am trying to connect a PV1400e terminal to a controllogix processor through a 1756-DHRIO. the problem is, in Panelbuilder 1400e the node editor does not have a device listed as controllogix. how to configure this?
Originally this was connected to a PLC-5 processor via DH+. Can I leave the node settings as it is?

thanks in advance,
Siv

Yes, you can leave the node number assigned in the Panelview project the same. However, you must then assign that node number to the DHRIO card so the Panelview can read from it. Additionally, you will need to set the tags being read by the Panelview as PLC5/SLC500 type tags. To do this click on pull down menu "Logic", Select "Map PLC5/SLC Messages", then assign the tag names.

I assume you converted a PLC5 or SLC500 project to ControlLogix.

to clarify: set the node number on the DHRIO card to whatever node number is assigned as the destination node in the PV project.

Also, don't become alarmed when the DHRIO shows the warning icon next to it. Rockwell may fix that someday. You will need to manually verify communications from the Panelview.
Attached is a screen shot from one of our convert PLC5's using DHRIO card to Panelmate (cutler hammer) via DH+

PLCSLCMAPPING.jpg

Thank you lectrofly, It was indeed a great help, it solved my issues
Thanks once again

trying to set up comms between a Controllogix PLC, DHRIO Channel A
Channel A rotary Switch set to 6
RSLOGIX5000 DHRIO Channel A set to RIO-ADAPTER
Configuration set to rack 6 full chassis

Panel View RIO configuration set to 6 full chassis last rack
Panel View Tag set to analog O:060

PLC data is shown as Rack6_1:I.Data[0] - [7]
Rack6_1:O.Data[0] - [7]

what tag in the panel view should panel view be lookig at