Setting up 1756ENBT to send email

ldrewes

I was hoping i could get some help in setting up my enbt to send email. I followed the instructions in the book and i still can't get it to work. We use a microsoft exchange server here at work, and i have the address to that in the congiguration string. Is there any way to provide the mail server credentials or does it need to have log in credentials? I have our domain entered in the properties of the ethernet module as well.
The MSG instruction that sets up the mailserver completes without any errors. The MSG instruction that is suppose to send the email text is the one with the error. That error message is 16#00ff and below it says general error. Does anyone know what the hex error msg stands for?
I'm new at this sort of task and if you need any more information let me know.
Thanks in advanced for anyones help.

I've done this before but was successful so I don't know what to tell you about the error code. A general error code isn't going to be very helpful so let's tear it down to the low level.

Post a screenshot or the *.ACD file that shows the configuration of the MSG instruction. That will at least let Forum members check your syntax.

Can you perform and and post a Wireshark traffic capture of this message attempting to send an e-mail through your Exchange server ?

Aside: I am aware that nearly every post I've made lately includes a reference to Wireshark. In my book, there's no network troubleshooting tool quite as great as a capture of what's on the wire.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to this thread. I have been put on another project, so this emailing thing has been put on hold. Hopefully i'll get it figured out at a later date.