MicroLogix1400 Socket Interface

MARV_2010

Has anyone used the socket interface with a ML1400? I have been in contact with Rockwell for over a week trying to find answers. I have recently sent screen shots and a copy of my program to my local rep who is trying to get answers from other people within the company.

Here's the low-down:

Trying to interface ML1400 to a Cognex Dataman 200

Create socket message works (returns an instance; increments every time i trigger)
Delete all sockets works (returns instance to 100)
Open connection gives me 17DE error code telling me I have an invalid IP address.

I tried swapping byte order and changing the length of my buffer size and I get the same results.

Can anyone help?

Could you post the program, and some TCPDUMP or Wireshark data captures of the Ethernet traffic ?

Please, no screenshots.

Have you been able to create this kind of a connection from a device that is not a MicroLogix 1400 ?

I have just downloaded TCPdump and will get more information.
I tried the same setup on a ML1100 but it did not support open socket connections.