ControlLogix data messaging

russrmartin

All,

I have seen several posts over the years about messaging data to emails, cell phones, etc. I have an application where we would like to potentially message some data into or out of a CLX processor to a couple of different PCs. I'm just curious what my options would be. Ideally, I'd like the PCs to have ethernet connectivity and be able to message data into or out of an Access database in both directions, or directly to and from the PCs themselves if possible. I've only worked in the past with specific software packages that came with OPC drivers or the like to accomplish this. In this instance, we have no control over the PC software, as it is all specified by the owner and non-negotiable. Anyone have some experience bending the standards on this type of thing? Any options suggested are valued.

Russ