SLC 500 will not recognize I/O modules

plc.guy

Has anyone seen this before. I have started working on a SLC 5/03 that cannot see any of the i/o modules it a 7 slot rack.

When I do a READ IO CONFIG from the RSLogix READ I/O CONFIGURATION FROM ONLINE PROCESSOR screen, it replies with "Could Not Read Slot 1...6" and then fills each slot up with OTHER in the Part# column.

When I download the I/O rack configuration after loading it in by hand, the processor will accept it but FAULT when the program is run. The processor Status screen error discription says "A rack data error is detected"

For troubleshooting I have reduced the number cards in the rack to the 1747-L531E processor in slot 0 and a 1746-NI04I in slot 1. The result can be seen in the attached file.

Thanks for the help.

Here is that attached file

View attachment IOLess.zip
I had this problem with another system a few years ago and the problem followed the processor when I changed it out. This old plc is sitting in a metal fab shop waiting to liven up a machine they have just overhauled. There are no spares. This thread may have to be over until I do some swapping.

Thanks for your responses.

I still say the rack... code 3200 :confused:

Like you said, until you get parts its hard to troubleshoot, I saw nothing out of the norm....