Factory Talk ME

mark73165

Lifetime Supporting Member
I am using Factory talk with Kepware drivers to communicate via Modbus to a generic device. I am having problems with setting up the alarms. On the Alarms messages tab it only gives you a trigger valve but does not let you indicate a rising or falling value. Any help with this would be great. Thanks Mark

Alarms

Hello Alan, I tried this and nothing happens. When I set the trigger value an alarm is generated when the modbus data is exactly the trigger valve, but if the value is higher or lower than the trigger value then nothing is displayed

It sounds like you may be misunderstanding how the alarm message trigger is meant to be used. An alarm will only trigger when the exact bit or value associated with it is present.

It sounds like you want an alarm to trigger when an erroneous value is read from the device (ie analog pressure sensor). What you would need to do is program this erroneous value to drive a trigger bit or move an alarm value into the trigger.

Crimson vs. Factory Talk

You are right that I want to activate an alarm in the HMI based on polled data from a device. This is easily done in Crimson 2.0 but apparently not in Factory Talk. We are developing mirror applications using a 10" G3 from Redlion and the PanelView Plus 1000, even with all of the limitations of the PVP in this application (not just the alarms) the customer is insisting on PVP. Thanks Mark