Siemens S200 and mobile panel 177

stooperbike

Hello All, I am hoping someone can help me out since I know Jack about Seimens PLCs. I have been given the task to figure out if a Siemens s7-200 PLC with the enet module CP-243IT will talk to a mobile HMI 177 with Enet coms. Now this may seem like the answer should be yes, but I can seem to put my finger on it!! From what I understand the mobile HMI has ProfiNet but the CP-243IT does not seem to support the ProfiNet protocol. I don’t need to know how to set it up yet, just need to find out if it is possible or if there is a site I can goto for more help.Right now they are using the profibus module to communicate to the mobile panel 177 but want to replace it with enet. After hours of going through the Siemens website I just cannot seem to find a good answer.Thanks for the help!Stoop:)