AB PLC reset

thebambooteam

We recently bought a second-hand hot press SN 15475. The service manual is dated 4/28/03.

We installed it, it seems to work great but we have a problem with the cycle time. On the manual it says the time is MM.SS but in fact it’s only seconds meaning that 99.99 is 1 minute and 39 seconds. This is too short for our production. Is there a way we could reset the HMI to have it work normally with minutes and seconds?

I attach picture of the label on the HMI for your information, it might help.

Also, can we change the language? for now it’s in French.

The unit is located at our factory in HCMC, Vietnam. Is there anybody in HCMC that we can contract to make this change? Or is there somebody that can give phone support to explain the procedure over the phone?

plc ab.jpg

Last edited:
Your picture is of a PanelView 300.

This is an HMI (Human Machine Interface), not a PLC.

If your unable to distinguish between an HMI and a PLC, I would assume that you have no where near the experience (or the software) to make any changes to the system.

You need to either learn very quick or contact an outside source to make the changes for you.

If you post your location, maybe someone here is in your local area and would be willing to contract a job for you.

If your unable to distinguish between an HMI and a PLC, I would assume that you have no where near the experience (or the software) to make any changes to the system.

You need to either learn very quick or contact an outside source to make the changes for you.

If you post your location, maybe someone here is in your local area and would be willing to contract a job for you.
Thank you, TheStarr, for clarifying about the HMI. You are right - we are totally out of our league. We make bamboo surfaces, so microchips and programming are beyond our reach. I just wish that it was easier to find competent engineers in Vietnam!

I am not sure, but I would guess that there is an Allen Bradley representative for your country that could help.

What you would need is a program called RSLogix500 or 5000, depends on which PLC you have (Micrologix or CompactLogix or ControlLogix....etc).

If you had the correct software and communication cables, that would be a start.

Doesn't seem like that hard of a problem..... if you had the tools.

Just for completeness post a picture of the PLC. The device that's plug into the other end of that communications cable shown in the picture above.
At least we can pin down the software needed for it and the PanelView you have. In addition to TheStarr's software posted there is also RSLogix5.
Of course this assumes the PLC is an Allen Bradley product.

If the service manual was written in 2003, I guessed that it wasn't a 5, but you never know! Could have been a re-print/revision #!

If the service manual was written in 2003, I guessed that it wasn't a 5, but you never know! Could have been a re-print/revision #!

I would guess its not a PLC 5 also because it would probably be overkill for the OP's system. But not because of the date.
The PLC5 was around long before 2003 and is still going strong today.

A picture tells all.

Just a thought...

It will depend on whether the HMI needs to be reprogrammed or whether the PLC needs to be reprogrammed.

The PV300 wasn't super expensive, not cheap compared to similar products, but not especially expensive either. If you can get a copy of the software that is in it then you could get a local programmer to make the changes for you and send a new PV300 with everything loaded to the factory in Viet Nam.

However knowing what PLC is in there will really help.

From the description the cycle time is probably controlled by a single 1/100th of a second time base timer. If so this could be set using minutes (up to around 5) and seconds but it will take more than just a display control change. The math would have to be internal to the PLC.

To do more minutes would require a different time based timer or other PLC changes.

Are you sure that the time value cannot be changed from the HMI? I would Imagine that this machine ( and its internal processes) could be controlled from the HMI.

Since you have the manual, you may just want to check. If nothing else, call the manufacturer.

Just a thought.
🍻
Ok . Just re read the OP. You want to enter MORE than 99.99 seconds.
Sorry.

I attach picture of the label on the HMI for your information, it might help.

The Starr

That's a little harsh on the OP. It was stated that it was a picture of the quite-rightly-distinguished HMI.

If only the OP was as good as you, eh?

This is what ****es me off about forums. Patronisation of people who have the balls to ask for help when they know they need it.

The Starr

That's a little harsh on the OP. It was stated that it was a picture of the quite-rightly-distinguished HMI.

If only the OP was as good as you, eh?

This is what ****es me off about forums. Patronisation of people who have the balls to ask for help when they know they need it.

If you read the little italic text at the bottom of the OP, you will see that it was editted after I made my comment to include that information (ie HMI, location, etc..)

Sorry, I am not the "sugar coat it, hold your hand" kind of guy.

I don't like wasting people's time by getting their hopes up.

I figured he wanted the straight story and the quickest, easiest, and least expensive way to get the press into production.