Modbus with Beckhoff adn Emerson Variator

juanmdx

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project where I need to control three Emerson Commander SK motor variators trhough a BK9000 Beckhoff PLC.
The variators can be communicated to the PLC with Modbus (RS485), so I plan to use the KL6021/KL6041 Bus terminal.

The thing is that I have never use Modbus with Beckhoff or have worked with Emerson variators, does anyone knows of a Beckhoff library that can help me?; have anyone worked with Emerson variators and can share with me a manual or something like that?.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards.

Juan

Hello everyone,

I'm working on a project where I need to control three Emerson Commander SK motor variators trhough a BK9000 Beckhoff PLC.
The variators can be communicated to the PLC with Modbus (RS485), so I plan to use the KL6021/KL6041 Bus terminal.

The thing is that I have never use Modbus with Beckhoff or have worked with Emerson variators, does anyone knows of a Beckhoff library that can help me?; have anyone worked with Emerson variators and can share with me a manual or something like that?.

Hope someone can help me.

Best regards.

Juan
I can send a pdf with Emerson Epsilon EP drives using modbus.
The Commander should be similar or pretty close.
The file is too large to attach on here.
Let me know if that would be of any help.

Thanks for the pdf.

By any chance do you have some literatura regarding modbus rtu ?
Nothing here but a lot of people on here should be able to post something for you.
You can do a search and follow some of the links posted on previous threads/posts.

Beckhoff does provide a Modbus RTU Library with function blocks that will save you alot of time. They are documented here...
http://infosys.beckhoff.com/content/...rtu_common.htm

Note, if you opt for the lower cost RS-485 card, order the card pre-configured for the 5 byte configuration, KL6021-0020.

I was thinking on using the KL6041, what do you think?

----
http://www.emersonct.com/download_us...cedUG_ 7.pdf

See Chapter 6 for Modbus comm's with Commander SK

I already downloaded this PDF, but I still doesn't know how to make the PLC tell the Drive which velocity give to the motor, or do I still need to use the control cables on the drive (I sincerenly hope not)

Thanks for your help so far

You need to select Preset speed mode(set parameter #0.05 to Pr) and the write to modbus # 40121 (parameter 1.21 is preset speed #1)