Communication with Intouch and Siemens S7-PLCSIM

p17061

Hey,

I have Wonderware Intouch running Siemens DasSIDirect server. I want to test a Wonderware application through the Siemens S7-PLCSIM simulator. Does anyone have experience with setting the communication up for that type of test environment?

Thanks!

Pete

I have Wonderware Intouch running Siemens DasSIDirect server. I want to test a Wonderware application through the Siemens S7-PLCSIM simulator. Does anyone have experience with setting the communication up for that type of test environment?

Hi,
I've written a small programm which extends PLCSIM with a network interface.
It's Open Source:
http://nettoplcsim.sourceforge.net/

I tested it with InTouch / DASiDirect, and it works very well.

Is it possible to run only this 2 softwares in 1 desktop like RSLogix simulator and wonderware?

Do you mean, InTouch and nettoplcsim / plcsim on the same computer? This should work, but use the IP address of your network card (e.g. 192.168.1.10) and not localhost (127.0.0.1).

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
most likely, so I have to download the NettoPlcsim software in order to do that in the same computer or I will just run the S7 PLCsim in order to perform that??

most likely, so I have to download the NettoPlcsim software in order to do that in the same computer or I will just run the S7 PLCsim in order to perform that??

If you want to simulate InTouch with S7 plcsim on one single computer, you need this programs:

- Simatic Manager with Plcsim
- Nettoplcsim
- Wonderware InTouch with S7 driver (e.g. DASIDirect)

If you PC has the IP 192.168.1.10, you'll have to enter this address in DASIDirect settings.