1747-UIC for fanuc

satdan

Dear all,

I have 1747-UIC USB to RS232 converter AB make, Will it work for the Gefanuc versamax PLC to PC communication.

Please confirm me.

danial

No,probably not. Does your GEfanuc support DH485?

The 1747-UIC is a USB to DH485 converter.

Its two things, a protocol converter (DF1 to DH485) and a media converter (USB to DH485).

For GE serial comms you need the SNP adapter by Horner. Part number HE693SNP232A at your GE distributor. This and a 9-pin female to 9-pin female straight serial cable will put you in business.

You do not need a SNP cable for a VersaMax... They are just a standard serial, I sell them (USB or standard)

OR send me a email and I will send you the pinout and you can use any USB to serial adapter, the Keyspan adapter are very good if you need more then just programming the PLC

I also sell the SNP but they are for the 90 series

I did not know that about the Versamax serial port... thanks for the tip.

I will add that usb-to-serial converters work with the Horner SNP adapter.

Dear all

I have a problem trying to upload the program from VersaMax micro controller.

I tried with Port1 (RS232) RJ45 cable to RS232 cable fanuc make.

The software I use - Proficy Machine Edition v.5.7.
When I run download, it opens box "Connecting...", wait 2-3 min
and then gives the error of timeout.

I will be gratefull for any help.

Thanks in advance.

danial.

Hello Danial,

Check your email... I just responded to the one you sent me.

Check the pinout to the one I sent you, then you must make sure that you are using the correct Com Port number.

After you plug in your USB adapter, go to your device manager and check what port your PC gave it... this may change the next time you plug in your adapter so its a good habit to check every time.

Then check on your communications in Proficy Machine Edition that they are the same

You then should be able to go on line...

I wrote a procedure on my website that goes into more datail it may help if you need it... its on the Product Support page.

Regards
Mark

Thanks for your help, I have IC200CBL500A RJ45 to RS232 cable, and i am trying to upload from versamax micro controller IC200UDRO 64 AB.

I tried with 1747-UIC,( in device manager showing USB to serial)using laptop.

Then I tried with desktop having RS232 port and connected using the cable, not succeeds,
What communication setting i have to do on the proficy machine edition?
Please guide me.

Danial

I tried with 1747-UIC,( in device manager showing USB to serial)using laptop.
Danial

Do not use this... to many variables and you should try to eliminate them.

Then I tried with desktop having RS232 port and connected using the cable, not succeeds,
What communication setting i have to do on the proficy machine edition?

I would think that you need com 1, do you have another PLC to test communication? is your pinout the same as the diagram that I sent you?

Like Paul B. said you need "SNP adapter by Horner. Part number HE693SNP232A at your GE distributor", that is the quickest way to get you going. You can also get the GE SNP cable (I forgot what the part number was but it's the one with 2 green LED's on the 15-pin end), your GE supplier should know, it's about $150.

I use the IOGear GUC232A for $29.99 to convert USB to serial. It's the best one I know.

Also, the versamax defaults to 19.2K, Odd parity.

Yes I checked the cable connection, as sent by you, it is ok.

Regarding com1, I have com 2 and com 3 serial port, I dont't have com1 port, how can i modify my com2 as com1?

I set baudrate as 19200, odd parity, stop bits 1;

regards,

danial.

Do not use this... to many variables and you should try to eliminate them.

I would think that you need com 1, do you have another PLC to test communication? is your pinout the same as the diagram that I sent you?

Regarding com1, I have com 2 and com 3 serial port, I dont't have com1 port, how can i modify my com2 as com1 .

You don't need com 1, just make your setings the same in the PLC software... so if you are using com 4 then com 4 needs to be in the software

If you need to change the com port number see this screen shot, its under the advanced tab

comsetting.jpg