Ethernet IP communication with Omron using Pyramid dll

ettikudiappan

Hi

We have a PC application that uses Pyramid driver to connect to Controllogix PLC using EthernetIP. It uses Class 1 communication for the connection with the PC being mapped as a Generic Ethernet module in Controllogix controller. The applicaiton is working fine without using any EDS files for Controllogix.

Due to a client requirement, the PLC has to be changed to Omron CJ2H-CPU-EIP which supports Class 1 communication on EIP. We are having issues communicating with the Omron PLC as there is no generic ethernet module mapping functionality in it.

Has anybody used Pyramid drivers to communicate with an Omron PLC using EIP Class 1? If so, can you please share some psuedo code? Thanks in advance.

Managed to solve the issue. Pyramid is more oriented towards AB PLCs (even their examples are based on AB). Anyway, for class 1 communication, Omron needs to use something called taglink and has to have a Pyramid EDS file (modified to match the application).