panelbuilder32 question

Yoder

Y
I was wondering how I can set up a panelview 300 monochrome terminal to log the operators that change variables on the panel. I want to create 3 different passwords for each shift, but I need to know how to log the time and date these people are typing the passwords so we can trace back to the shift or personel that made the change. I have it set up on screen security as of now. Any hints/tips?​

Been a long time since i used PB32, and only used the 1400's.

So i may be wrong here but i dont think you can.

Have you Read The Manual ?

Yes i have read it. I only ask because we have maintenance personel as well as production personel changing things every shift. I can't figure out how to log who makes the changed so we can see who is to blame for downtime and such.

That is what I have already. I just wanted to know if there was a way to log those times where people type in the password so we know which shift changed something or if it was the maintenance password being used or productions password being used. I've looked in every manual and alls I find is the current operator tag, but I do not know how to use it.

I think you will have to do it in the PLC. Even the new factory talk ME has passwords security but no logs and times. Hardcoded in the PLC me thinks.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. You will need to do this in the PLC code. Hopefully you don't have a lot of setpoints you want to track!

I thought about a replacement HMI but what you are asking for is "Audit" and most normal HMI's don't have that type of functionality. You'd have to step up to a PC based SCADA system.

The only thing that I know of that is logged in your PV are alarms and alarm history. But those would require a trigger from the PLC.

Have an alarm that says Operator "A" logged in.

The only thing that I know of that is logged in your PV are alarms and alarm history. But those would require a trigger from the PLC.

Have an alarm that says Operator "A" logged in.

I like Mickey's idea...Then set another alarm when a variable is changed (by Operator 'A') via PLC code...

You can then choose which alarms are displayed on the Panelview 300 Terminal (ie. Don't let Operator 'A' know that you have logged him/her changing a variable), and then selectively send the alarm text to a remote device.:)