RS 485 Connections

libbysen

Dear All,

I would like to connect a Touch panel via a Radio modem to the PLC for Remote montoring. Its a 2 wire RS 485 connections on both devices. But i found that in touch panel Data A is (-) and Data B is (+). But in other device (ie) PLC, Data A is (+) and Data B is (-). If i connect through the cable it works fine but if i connect through Radio modem it does not work. i tried reversing the polority but no response. So please advise. Waiting for your reply.

With regards.

Libbysen

You have to establish the correct + & (-) on the radio, as well as on the devices:
Data B+ > radio+ wireless Radio+ > Data A+
Data A- > radio - Wireless. Radio- >. Data B-

Similar Topics

I have an existing application using SLC5/02 and an older operator panel using DH485 communication through 1747-AIC. The operator panel is...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to control a device via MODBUS RTU and the ModbusRtuMasterV2_PcCOM in Twincat 3. I've configured a device with the right com port and...
Replies
Views
I'm trying to write a data in Arduino using MODWR function block .I used the code I got from online for both PLC and Arduino. I made the wiring...
Replies
Views
Does anyone know of an AOI using the user ASCII protocol select on the L6x controllers that will talk Modbus RTU using RS-485? Thanks, Trevor...
Replies
Views
Hello, I'm trying to delve a little into rs-485 communications for a couple projects of mine. Until now I've been using a delta vfd and a delta...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom