AB MicroLogic as Modbus master

Welcome to the forum

Set up your COMport for Modbus master,​

attachment.php

and use message instructions to read/write.​

attachment.php

With multible msg instructions fire each one off with the previous msg's DN OR ER bit​

attachment.php

MLModbus1.jpg MLModbus2.JPG MLModbus3.jpg

Last edited:
There's a CD available (over here anyway) called 'Component Building Blocks' (or something similar). It has sample applications for a Micrologix 1100/1400 communicating to a Powerflex 4M over Modbus (PLC the master, drive the slave) and gives a Panelview+ Component example over ethernet...

Here's one (i think) i downloaded off the KB (rename the extension to .rss)

In principle, you use the MSG block to initiate communication with your Modbus slave device and create a data area to READ from or WRITE to.

Hope this helps.

Rob

MLX1100 is ok, just be careful when you get into the 485 port of the MLX1400, the handshake settings are quite different.

Netto gave the best answer.