new to plc. need basics

Musicman

I'm new to PLC world. I'm an electronic tehcnician. One of our equipment uses it. I will un-employed here soon. When an employer ask about PLC's I will be a little lost. I probably have looked at the code but not sure. We use a T.I. unit, not sure the model number. But is command "TERM" used in programming a T.I. controller or I programming another piece of equipment within the main tool?
If I need more info so that you can help, let me know.

Last edited:
TI unit usually means Texas Instruments...the most common is a TI 305, tell the truth I am not sure if TI had another one. Its mute point because they brand labeled something they had made by Koyo (http://www.automationdirect.com).

The software used for TI305 was called TIWAY.

If possible YES get more details...ie the exact brand and model of the PLC. More info you provide the more info you can obtain.

If interested in plc programming then study LEARN PLC'S on this site AND buy Phil's book from this site.

Ron said...

"...the most common is a TI 305, tell the truth I am not sure if TI had another one."

I believe that the latest and greatest TI is the 505 Line using a 575-Processor.

The TI PLC line has been owned by Siemens for the last several years... bawling .

Sadly, Siemens has just taken to charging for all calls on the TI.

Ron said...

"The software used for TI305 was called TIWAY."

Actually, the software is TISoft or SoftShop. TIWAY is the network.

Ron said...

"Its mute point because..."

The word should be "moot". It is pronounced like a cow would say it... "mooooot"... except, not as long as a cow would say it.

Ron said...

"It's a moot point because they brand labeled something they had made by Koyo..."

So... if TI had Koyo make it... does that mean it was developed by Koyo? Or was it developed by TI?

Which came first? The TI PLC design... or Koyo PLC manufacturing? Or was it a Koyo PLC design?

Just wondering...