micrologic 1200

harrione300

Ok, I have a micrologic 1200 plc that I'm tring to get to communicate with a panelview 300. It has a 1761-cbl-pm02-ser.C cable that plugs into the plc and then on the other end it has a 9 pin female d shell connector. Then there is a short patch cable-9 pin d shell male on one end and female on the other end that plugs directly into the panelview. The problem is that the female end got cut off and is gone and we just keep getting an error message about no nodes found, the same as if there is no cable hooked up at all. does anyone know the wire locations for the female end that plugs into the panelview. Panelview is a 2711-K3A5L1 24vdc

Last edited:
Two issues, the cable you have (1761-CBL-PM02) is a null-modem cable you need a straight thru cable AB# 2711-NC21. See below for a pin-out of this cable. If you have a null-modem adapter put it on the end of your 1761-CBL-PM02 cable to turn it into a straight thru cable.

Also your PV has a RS232 port with DH485 protocol. The PLC's port will have to be configured for DH485 protocol. Different nodes addresses same baud rate.