plc5/04 programming

bmz

I have a PLC 5/04 in Run and I can monitor and programming by Channel 0, whit comuication cable and serial-USB Adapter, in muy PC whit RSLink and RSLogix5, all is good.
I have a new processor and I CAN´T communicate whit, using the same adapter, communication cable, RSLoxig and RSLink, and mounted in the same rack too.
The RSLink can´t find the processor, what ahappend whit this?, it´s something fault? fault some initialized?

We assume you mean RSLogix500

Please note the type of USB/Serial adapter and communication cable.

With RSLinx 'Cconfigure Drivers' open please make a screen shot of the configuration you are using and post that also.

The "New" processor is it new? Or used? Is it the same model SLC5/04?

You might try defaulting it by clearing its memory,see PDF below.

He's using RSLogix 5, reportedly successfully to talk to the PLC. Why assume a SLC 5/04 and not a PLC 5/40??

sorry
the plc is plc5/04,
I used RSLogic5,
I can communicate whit old plc5/04 by Channel0 and used the same cable and adapter for both test.

bmz, that does not clear it up. That's what you said the first post. There is no such thing as a "PLC5/04"

SLC5/04 programmed by RSLogix500
PLC5/40 programmed by RSLogix5

Which one do you have?

PLC 5/40 whit RSLigic5, the oldest than SLC
when i open the RSLinx Classic Lite and open configure drivers, and push the button configure, push the autoconfugure and...
the test initialized but after 5 seconds put the legend
¨Failed to find the baud and parity!
check all cables and switch settings!¨ ....
but why in old processor not marked this? if i used the same cable, adapter, program and driver too.

Last edited:
I would double check the dip switches on the controller to make sure they match the controller you can communicate with.
Also with the controller powered down you can default it to factory setting by disconnecting the battery.

OZEE wins, not sure what but...

OK - now as requested in my first reply please list exact numbers fot the adapters and cables.

Please make a screen capture of the RSLinx 'Configure Drivers' screen for the PLC with which you sucessfully communicate.