s7 200 and expansion modules

tny

hi, i have an s7 200 cpu 224 and 7 io modules connected to it.
now i need additional io's.

is there any expansion card for it, like im modules for s7 300's.

I have connected 2 x s7200 Cpu's with expansion and there assosiated screeen together using profibus. Would this be an option bearing in mind there can only be one as a master for comms as it is a Point to point.

7 modules is the limit, and even then you need to check the power budget to be sure you don't overload the CPU power output. It is worth looking at what modules you are using, you can get some which are 16 digital in and 16 digital out (or even 32 in and out). If you replace an 8 in and out with a 16 in and out you gain extra I/O with using extra expansion modules spaces.

Bryan

7 modules is the limit, and even then you need to check the power budget to be sure you don't overload the CPU power output. It is worth looking at what modules you are using, you can get some which are 16 digital in and 16 digital out (or even 32 in and out). If you replace an 8 in and out with a 16 in and out you gain extra I/O with using extra expansion modules spaces.

Bryan

ok, but i have no enough space for larger modules in the rack,
and the ribbon connection cables are too short for jumping to the rack under this rack. is it possible to use a longer ribbon cable (app 1-1,5 meters)?

is it possible to use a longer ribbon cable (app 1-1,5 meters)?
I can't answer that question. The standard extension cable is 0.8M, but they look simple cables to make so you could try a longer one and hope that Siemens have been conservative in their design. Keep the extension away from electrical noise, put as few expansion modules as possible on the extension and maybe say a little prayer to the god of your choice.

Bryan

i also have the same plc s7200 224. i think it does not have an expansion module, that type of pls is compact, but you can still ask if am wrong, its only s7300 and the rest that have expansion module